Pecan Nutrition Information
- Pecans are the top nut and are among the top foods to contain the highest antioxidant capacity.
- This means pecans may help decrease the risk of cancer, neurological diseases and coronary heart disease.
- Pecans contain over 19 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E. folic acid, calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium.
- One ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for fiber, and provide a natural source of high quality protein.
- Pecans are cholesterol free, gluten free and naturally sodium free.
- Research from Loma Linda University shows adding a handful of pecans to your diet each day may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
Pecan Oil Uses & Benefits
Pecan Oil has many great uses from grilling to backing. Use it as a base for salad dressings, infusing herbs or as a butter substitute.
It also is great for high temperature cooking - including, searing, brazing, sauteing, stir-frying, bakinc and others