Pecan Nutrition Information
- Pecans are the top nut and are among the top foods to contain the highest antioxidant capacity.
- This means pecans may help decrease the risk of cancer, neurological diseases and coronary heart disease.
- Pecans contain over 19 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E. folic acid, calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium.
- One ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for fiber, and provide a natural source of high quality protein.
- Pecans are cholesterol free, gluten free and naturally sodium free.
- Research from Loma Linda University shows adding a handful of pecans to your diet each day may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
Nutrients for 1 oz. Serving
(approx. 20 halves)
|Total lipid (fatty acids)||20.4 g|
|Fiber, total dietary||2.7 g|
|Sugars, total||1.1 g|
Pecan's Nutrition Story
You think of them for pie. You adore them in pralines. But did you know pecans are actually extremely nutrient dense?
Pecan Nutrient Summary
Pecans are great tasting and healthy for you. Make pecans part of your regular diet!
Pecan Oil Uses & Benefits
Pecan Oil has many great uses from grilling to backing. Use it as a base for salad dressings, infusing herbs or as a butter substitute.
It also is great for high temperature cooking - including, searing, brazing, sauteing, stir-frying, bakinc and others
Pecans - Rich in Antioxidents
A USDA study shows that pecans are richer in antioxidents that any other nut!
Wow! Enjoy Pecans...
The Original Supernut
Download American Pecan's 2 page summary of the "Nutrition Powerhouse" - Pecans.
Pecan Oil Nutritional Compounds
Pecans - High in Oil
Oil is 65% to 70% of the pecan kernel's weight.
55% to 70% is oleic acid, a heart healthy acid that is stable to oxidation.
80 to 170 ug per gm pecan, an antioxident (vitamin E).
800 to 1,000 ug per gm pecan - competes with cholesterol absorption and may enhance insulin production.
70 to >200 ug per gm pecan - helps repair skin from UV damage.
Source of nutritional compounds info: