Thanksgiving Cranberry Salad Recipe
- 2 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 pkg. fresh cranberries
- 1 sm. pkg. cranberry or cherry gelatin
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 3/4 c. chopped pecans
- Bring 1 cup water and sugar to boil.
- Add fresh cranberries and cook for 5 minutes (or follow directions on cranberry package).
- Bring the other cup of water to boil and dissolve gelatin in bowl; set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour gelatin into cranberry mixture and stir well.
- Pour into 9 x 13-inch dish and refrigerate until gelatin mixture is thick.
- Combine pineapple, cream cheese and pecans. Spread over top of gelatin.
- Garnish with holly and cherries.
Author: Sister Martha Rose Lange
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 to 12 servings