Sicilian Fig Cookies Recipes
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 Ibs. pitted dates
- 1 Ib. seedless raisins
- 2 Ibs. dried figs, stems removed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. honey
- 1 qt. shelled pecans
- Peel and seed orange and lemon.
- Reserve half of the rind of each.
- Grind all fruits together, including the orange and lemon rind. Using the small blade on the grinder.
- Add spices, sugar and honey to fruit mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. This is best done with the hands.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 360 minutes