Persimmon Raisin Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. persimmon pulp
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. raisins
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and beat well. Combine flour, spices and salt; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Combine persimmon pulp and baking powder.
- Stir well and add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins and chopped pecans.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 3 dozen