Pecan Nutrition Information
- Pecans are the top nut and are among the top foods to contain the highest antioxidant capacity.
- This means pecans may help decrease the risk of cancer, neurological diseases and coronary heart disease.
- Pecans contain over 19 vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin E. folic acid, calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium.
- One ounce of pecans provides 10 percent of the recommended Daily Value for fiber, and provide a natural source of high quality protein.
- Pecans are cholesterol free, gluten free and naturally sodium free.
- Research from Loma Linda University shows adding a handful of pecans to your diet each day may help prevent coronary heart disease by inhibiting unwanted oxidation of blood lipids.
|Nutrients for 1 oz. Serving
(approx. 20 halves)
|Total lipid (fatty acids)||20.4 g|
|Fiber, total dietary||2.7 g|
|Sugars, total||1.1 g|