Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 2-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 2 cups sugar until fluffy.
- Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add this mixture alternately with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into a greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Combine cinnamon, pecans and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1/3 over batter in pan.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Bake at 350° for 70 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove to wire rack.
Author: Melinda Dieter
Date First Published: 05/20/2010
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 1 cake