Candied Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 c. tart apples, thinly sliced
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Prepare your favorite pie crust recipe.
- Combine apples with sugar, flour and salt and toss lightly.
- Put in pie shell.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Roll out remaining pastry for top crust. Cover pie and cut slits in it to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400° for 55 minutes.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in saucepan; stir in brown sugar and cream. Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and add pecans.
- Spread sugar mixture over top of pie. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes longer until topping bubbles.
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 slices