(Cookies for New Year’s Breakfast)
- 1 c. shortening
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- Powdered Sugar Icing and food coloring
- Chopped pecans
- Crushed pineapple or coconut
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- Mix shortening, sugar, sour cream, eggs, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Add enough flour to make a very stiff dough.
- Roll dough out about 1/2 thick on floured board and cut into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- On greased baking sheet, form circles and creates spokes like a wagon wheel.
- Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes.
- Cool, then ice with Powdered Sugar Icing and food coloring.
- Top with chopped pecans, and crushed pineapple or coconut.
Author: Sister Elise Bengfort
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes