Brandied Fruit Bars Recipe
- 3 c. diced fruit
- 1-1/2 lbs. dates, prunes, apricots, figs, raisins, dried cherries, dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. brandy, rum or cognac
- 1 c. dried bread crumbs
- 2 c. pecans, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- In large glass jar or bowl, soak fruits in brandy, rum or cognac for 3 hours, covered.
- Cover a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil; spray with Pam and sprinkle with dried bread crumbs.
- Toast pecans for 10 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat eggs, then add sugar and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and just barely mix.
- With wooden spoon, add fruits and nuts.
- Pour over bread crumbs in pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°.
Cool and cut into bars.
Author: Marilyn Dorsey
Date First Published: 05/21/2010
Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 to 15