Apricot Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 (6-oz.) pkg. apricot or orange gelatin
- 2 c. boiling water
- 1 (20-oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15-oz.) can apricot halves, drained and chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1 sm. (8-oz.) ctn. Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin with boiling water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add pineapple to gelatin and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and pineapple juice until smooth.
- Stir in gelatin mixture and chill until partially set, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in apricots and pecans.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch dish. Sprinkle with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Chill until firm.
Author: Sister Martha Rose Lange
Date First Published: 05/23/2010
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings